Saturday, September 12, 2009

CUB SCOUTS


The boys have become official Cub scouts as of last Tuesday. Seth took them to the first meeting and all three of them were beaming when they got home that night. Wrestling, pledges, well-disciplined and organised, push-ups for misbehavior, and camping trips was some of what I have gathered from our conversations this week. They are all quite excited.

I took them to get their uniforms Tuesday and they haven't wanted to take them off yet without serious coaxing on my end. I was a little worried about Caleb not wanting to tuck his shirt in, but it has not been an issue, which is pretty astonishing. We got the patches on the shirts and have been working on the pledges and assignments diligently. This week we are supposed to learn about a state other than NC and make a little project to present tot he pack. The boys chose Georgia and Hawaii.....I will try to post a picture when we are done. Her is their promise:

Cub Scout Promise

I, (name), promise to do my best

To do my duty to God and my country,

To help other people, and

To obey the Law of the Pack.


We are also starting back to Wednesday afternoon Kids camp at church. I am looking forward to a little break on those evenings because a friend and I are going to alternate watching our little ones on the playground while the other runs errands.

5 comments:

Jonathan said...

Not gonna lie, the Hitler Youth parallels are somewhat striking, but, all in all, it sounds pretty cool.

Ashley said...

Oh too cute, Julie! Your boys will have so much fun. I know I did! lol. Annabelle would love to go on some of the camping trips too!!!

Anthony asked me to sing in church sometime, we should try something together??

Ashley B

Courtney said...

Oh so fun! I remember when my brother was a Cub scout and my parents were the "den" leaders.. I had to go to the meetings.. and it was boring.. but I wasn't a boy .. ha! Box car durby or whatever it's called where they made cars out of wood, was always my favorite!

Becky Swann said...

they are going to have a blast!!

Jessie said...

i love that all 3 were beaming when they got back. i pictured it clearly. there is just something about a code to follow that gets boys inspired. or some boys, maybe.