Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Where was I on getting the wedding covered on the blog? The Rehearsal I believe.

The rehearsal day was filled with getting all of the loose ends tied up. Leslie and I got a late start out to Temecula, but thankfully Mom, Amie, Lorie and Beth were already there working hard to finish the place cards, welcome baskets, favors and all that stuff.


Goodness, a lot goes into a wedding!





























I think this is a good time to confess that I wasn't the best maid of honor. A Maid of honor should be really helpful with all of the organizing and keeping the bride on track and you probably know already that is not my strength. I have a tendency to run around like a chicken with my head cut off and because I sang in the wedding, I had to spend some time rehearsing with Uncle Larry and Jim. Heck, I couldn't even hold the bouquet for the whole ceremony and Amie ended up with 3 while I sang! Most importantly, I was late to both the rehearsal and wedding because Seth and I kept getting lost.

This is why God gave Leslie two other sisters and a mother........ because they are all organized and know how to get things done under pressure.

Me......I just try to take direction and go with the flow.

Aside from having a lousy maid of honor, everything for the wedding was perfect. The rehearsal went well and we had a delicious meal out on the patio of Bailey's full of sweet and funny toasts from friends and family. Temecula is "wine country" and there are dozens of wineries on the outskirts of the town. Downtown Temecula is old western styled town and we had planned to head over to this huge Country Music Bar next door for some line dancing, but we were all beat from the previous night and turned in early.





Two things were evident from that evening. One was how many people love and adore Leslie and Paul and the other was how in-love and crazy they are about one another.


They really are "that" couple.








Looking back on the festivities, we have all noted on how every person there seemed to be having a great time. We were all so very happy for Leslie and Paul even though we knew that them marrying virtually sealed the deal on her not ever moving back home. If you know our family, you know that we must love and approve of Paul a great deal if we are at peace with that.


It was truly a joyous event.

No comments: