Sunday, March 28, 2010

Annabelle has a few imaginary friends hanging about lately whose names are Kelly, Alice, Sarah, and most importantly, Ellis. She cracks me up daily with her conversations and descriptions of them. When one of my nieces was younger, she had an imaginary friend named Gally who was very misbehaved and always causing trouble. In fact, one time she even told us matter-of-factly that Gally was going to hell. What I find entertaining about Annabelle's friend Ellis, is that she, in stark contrast to Gally, is a little angel. She told me a couple of days ago that Ellis ALWAYS wears her tights and sometimes she wears tights, socks and shoes. Ellis also never pitches fits and doesn't wear her panties backwards. Ellis also loves baths and never cries when her mom washes her hair.

In other Annabelle news, she is such a little eavesdropper! The boys have rarely ever paid attention to my conversations, but not her! She is listening. So, no more talk of our power struggles when she's within earshot lest she become even more grounded in her identity as a strong-willed child. I am trying to only talk about the good things she has done throughout the day instead. And I am trying to be sincere.

The picture to the right is of her holding her doll whose name is Kenny. Kenny is a girl. I love it.


The boys went down to South Georgia with Seth this weekend. They had a blast fishing, riding 4 wheelers, building forts and fires, and getting dirty. The only picture we have from the trip is this one that Seth sent me with his phone.



Annabelle and I hung out here at the house. Lucie spent the night, I cleaned a lot of house, we hung out at Mimi and Granddaddy's quite a bit and best of all, I got to go play some music with friends on Saturday night. It was a good weekend for everyone.


I am off to wash the foul smelling bags of laundry the boys brought home.

1 comment:

Becky Swann said...

Those imaginary friends are awesome. Ellis, so funny! and poor Gally sounds like there's not much hope for her!