Thursday, March 11, 2010


Today is Thursday. It is the one day a week I do not teach class, we do not have kids camp at Church, the boys do not have scouts and therefore we try to stay at home. About six weeks after having Caleb way-back-in-the-day Seth began calling me the "stay-at-home mom who isn't ever home ". In my defense, I was just getting used to being at the house all day and had been cooped from a horrible recovery from the birthing aka "extracting" at that point in time. It is true, I like to go, though I have learned that it is much better to stay in more than I would prefer. Schoolwork gets done in a timely fashion, the house is cleaner, dinners exist and on and on and on.... So here I am embracing a stay-at-home-Thursday and trying to keep this blog up to date.

Frankly not too much is happening here. The weather has been warmer this week and we have been outside as much as possible. The fresh air and sunshine makes for happier moods all around. In fact, on Tuesday, the weather outside was so nice that we all decided to do half of our school work this coming Saturday and take the afternoon off. I figured a day out in the woods at that age makes for a acceptable learning experience itself and was just what those guys needed. At this very moment (Thursday @ 11:30ish) we are taking a break from school work. We were just writing a paragraph about our chapter from our book last night. Well, I was the one writing. Caleb and Adam were drawing a picture and helping narrate what I wrote. I am hopeful that composing a paragraph together each day is the first step in learning to write. They enjoy that part of the school day very much. In a little while, we will reconvene and finish Math and some handwriting.

For now they have disappeared into their room to play Legos until I drag them out. Annabelle is wandering around the house with her backpack and high heel dress-up shoes bringing me baby dolls to me ever so often. She tells me that I am the Mimi and I need to babysit her doll named Ellis. She is stuck on that name right now for her dolls and imaginary friends. I have no idea where it came from.

Seth and I are trying to make decisions on whether to list the house in a couple of weeks or just keep in for sale by owner. We are also making a list of the things we can afford to do to spruce it up and make it more attractive to a buyer. It really would be helpful if the kids would stop breaking windows. Please keep praying for us in all this because we NEED to sell this house and move on.
Our neighbor, Gentry, stopped by this afternoon to play. She is the gal who watches Annabelle one morning a week for me and is awesome.
Can you see the broken window in the background? Also, note that Annabelle is doing a ballet pose for the picture. cuteness.


4 hours later.........Well, we just took a little trip down the road to Toys'R'Us so the boys could spend some money they have earned recently on what else but....NEW LEGOS! I milked it for all it was worth before we left making them finish chores and school and then even having them sit down while I trimmed their hair. We just needed to get out for a little while I guess. :)

3 comments:

Becky Swann said...

I will definitely continue to pray you sell your house! Until then I'm glad you are making the best of staying at home and taking the time to teach your children!! That first picture of Annabelle is so cute!

Courtney said...

I will start praying for your home to sell as well.. (I didn't know you were selling) are you moving?
I also love the new font on the blog.. I don't know if it's meo r not, but my eyes like the bigger font! (man, I'm getting old! ha!)

Annabelle is just precious in her ballet pose'. She is such a ham!

Unknown said...

your house is in my prayers as well.
glad you have committed to stay at home thursday, sounds perfect.
love that annabelle and her ballet pose.