Thursday, June 17, 2010

More Beach Pictures


The first thing I thought when i saw this picture is "WHOA, the boys are getting so old and tall!" It seems like yesterday they were little toddlers kissing my pregnant belly with Annabelle inside in the picture on the beach. I think they will catch me in height within a couple of years.

Can I just tell you what a sweetheart Lucie is? She is the kindest little helper and friend you can imagine! She is always sweet to Annabelle even when the latter is tired and cranky and not being too sweet to her. Lucie also loves to clean and tidy things up (just like her Moma) and everyday she took it upon herself to spray off all of the beach chairs and toys when we came in. Why couldn't one of my kids be just a little like that!?
Adam loves this necklace that Nana brought home from her Kenya missions trip last summer. He hasn't taken it off in months! His nose is peeling from our first day when I didn't reapply sunscreen very diligently.

Siblings pose


I am so glad that we got at least one picture of Annabelle crying. She cries a lot. And I rarely think to get pictures of that, but sometimes it is good to remember those times as well. We are still in that "stage" that I am hoping will be over soon, where she flips out a lot especially about clothes. Every single day I had to discipline her to get her swimsuit and sunscreen on. It was tiring but Mom stepped in and helped me with her often. My kids were a two-man job most of the week so I was always asking a family member to watch or help.



Annabelle loved wearing Lucie's bathing suit that matched Lanie. OK, she maybe liked it at times because of course, she usually hated putting it on.
Here we come in on the kayak.

Here is Adam studying his critters again. He loved that net and caught lots of crabs and minnows with it.
Aunt Leslie also helped with Annabelle at the pool and swam with her a lot.
Kiah reading the girls a bedtime story.


the goofy siblings pose

4 comments:

Becky Swann said...

at first I thought the goofy siblings pose you were trying to spell something.
Love all the pictures!

Adam and Annie said...

You guys are so cute! You make me miss my sisters. I love that there are so many cousins and siblings -- big families are great. I can't believe how big your boys are getting! Your crew is amazing. I'm so glad I got to spend some time (although always too short) with you over our visit.

Nichole said...

That looks like a really lovely vacation!

I found your site via a search for Asheville homeschooling blogs, and you look *really* familiar. Are you the Julie who teaches kickboxing at the Rush?

Courtney said...

Julie,
that looks like a lot of fun. I love all the photos... your entire family is so precious and very photogentic!