Thursday, June 24, 2010

This year taught me, once again, that I should lower my expectations for accomplishing things on beach trips like blogging, or running, or learning to play the banjo (all things I really considered putting on the "to do" list that week). For some reason, I think, vacation equals free time sooooo, what can I get done? But then there are the three children that keep me pretty busy not to mention that I am with a bunch of my favorite people who I just want to hang out with all night long. I did accomplish one thing though. I got my blog transferred in a book and ready to order. Granted, all I had to do was enter the address and choose the book cover, but now I have the last 3 years in print and saved just in case crap hits the fan and computers fail us. This has made me refocus on using the blog as a record of some of the little things I hope not to forget as my kids grow older.

For example: As we were pulling into the driveway this afternoon from a long day of tutoring, swimming at the pool and then grocery shopping (which I surprisingly survived again without drop-kicking anyone or losing my mind) I told the boys that after they helped me unload the groceries, they were free to go play or even watch a video to rest a bit. Adam announced, "I am going to.......no wait, I am going to go do whatever Caleb does!" I know it sounds simple, but it made me smile as they ran off together. It sums up how they prefer to be together and rarely ever separate. And I love that. I love it despite the fact that it doubles the risk for mischief. They did end up running around in a downpour and getting really muddy together. The good thing now is that they are old enough to strip down, throw the wet clothes in the washer for me later and dress again with little mess made in the process. This picture is what they are up to at the moment......bartering SillyBandz . which are all the rage with their age group lately.

I have got to come up with something stupid like rubber bands in the shape of things and convince kids they are awesome and the cool thing to wear so that I can make a ton of money.



Here are a couple of pictures from Amie's birthday party on Tuesday night. Our friend, Carrie, and I coordinated the event and it seemed to be a successful evening. We had lots of good food, friends and wine...... which makes for a nice party. After working out together in Amie's class at the gym, we met up at Carrie's house a little later for the festivities.


Each person wrote a word (or two) to describe Amie on the mat of a picture frame and we are going to put this group shot in it for her! It was a sweet time for everyone to tell their word and why they chose it. Lots of folks sure do love Amie!




Speaking of not getting things accomplished, the boys went to day camp last week down in Atlanta with their cousins. Aunt Angie is super awesome and lets them stay with her the entire week giving me some time off. I did get the house completely cleaned up and cleaned out and listed on the market (once again) but beyond that, Annabelle and I just hung out. The boys had a wonderful time swimming and canoeing and all that fun camp stuff. Here are a couple of pictures that I snagged off facebook:



The other day, Annabelle made a drastic change in her outfit choice as we were leaving for the gym. I thought about saying something but then decided that
I. did. not. care.

The kid didn't wear a sweater all winter long without a battle. Now she pulls one out when it is 80 degrees! Whatever....she is back to the same 2 dresses now.......still wearing socks though.

3 comments:

Amie Pittman said...

love it

Unknown said...

that sounds about right for a beach trip! your cute boys make me so excited to have 2 boys of my own, i hope they will e great friends one day too!
so glad amie's birthday was a hit, she's one special lady and you one sweet sister.

KatieKate said...

Bahhhhhhhhhhhh ha ha.
I read this whole this and loved the photos... but it was Miss A that got me.

She and Rylie would get along VERY. WELL. right now.

As for you and me, let us continue to not care. Wear your snowsuit in 89° weather. I DO NOT CARE.