Monday, June 28, 2010

Splasheville

Since I haven't ventured out in the world to live anywhere besides the Asheville area, I try to redeem my coolness by telling people what a great place it is to reside. Asheville is beautiful. It has a great live music scene. It is diverse and artsy. It has good weather. And now it even has a little water feature to play in called "Splasheville". We took advantage of the downtown scene Friday night by playing in those new fountains out in front of the courthouse and then walking over to the drum circle later. It was a fun night, although we definitely stayed out tooooo late and paid for it the next day with some cranky kids.


My friend, Cristy, and her son, Oliver, met us there. He just turned two years old and is about the cutest thing I have ever seen! None-the-less, I was reminded how tiring it can be to run after a boy at that stage and was thankful that mine are older. I made sure Cristy knew that I felt parenting gets easier as they get older. I remember someone telling me that when the boys were little and it was so comforting.


Oliver brought a balloon that proved to be great entertainment when Caleb could get it caught in the fountain......which he mastered.





Annabelle was very timid but gradually got a little wet and was so proud of herself after the fact. She came running back to let me know that she had gotten her bathing suit all wet!
Oliver jumped to Adam and then to the ground close to 50 times before we left.
Then we headed over to the weekly drum circle at Pritchard Park to dance a little and watch a lot. Annabelle and I loved all of the hula-hoopers while Adam was dying to talk to the guy dancing with a SNAKE around his shoulders. It was an interesting scene to say the least but fun stuff I tell ya.
Oliver climbed his little tree until some lady told us to stop because it might break. Those Asheville folks just loooooove them some trees!

Cristy and I were talking and realised that we could actually go see free live outdoor music every night of the week except Wednesday between Park Rhythms, Concerts on the Quad, Groovin' on Grovemont, Downtown After Five and Shindig on the Green. I told you Asheville is great!


We are on it. See ya there!


4 comments:

Sunday Grant Photography said...

What a fun night! I can't wait to take BellaRose to splashville. That seems perfect for her.

Becky Swann said...

How fun! I like Cristy alot we had child birth class together! Oliver is getting so big!
Could Annabelle be any cuter in that swimsuit??!!

Unknown said...

o i'm so glad to see the fountains, i have been wanting to get over there with will. glad to see it was so fun!

Heidi King said...

That looks like tons of fun...and right in downtown Asheville...perfect! I think Annabelle looks a bunch like you in that picture and so grown up! I love seeing what you guys are up to.