Friday, January 25, 2008

Winter Blahs

We are pluggin' away here at the Harrison house just trying to get through January. One more month of coldness.........then March will be better....then April will be even better..........
Winter is such a drag. More laundry, higher heating bills, stuck inside, colds and coughs, dry skin, socks and shoes to find when we go out, blah, blah blah....

Ooooo, what a downer post. I know you are thinking,"I do not have time to sit here and read Julie's whining." I just haven't posted in a few days so I thought I'd better get after it. Caleb's thumb is healing well. He is down to just a bandaid under the splint that we change twice a day. I wish he would let me take a picture of it for you to see, though it is not a sight for the easily-grossed out folks. He is thankfully done with the antibiotics now.

We start our Botany homeschool class tomorrow afternoon. I was always extremely nervous about the first day of school growing up and I am trying to be calm and laid-back about this. We missed the first class (doctor's appt. last week) and I feel quite unprepared.

Nana, Papa, Walker, and Amy are coming up to visit tomorrow. The boys have been literally counting down the days until their arrival. It should be a fun weekend, though I am not sure what we are going to do. I feel a bit unprepared for that too. I am looking forward to them bringing my pillow that I left there at Christmas. I leave a serious trail everywhere I go. Seth does too and so it is just a mess when you put us together. The Harrisons always have a stack of our belongings we forgot on previous visits and have had to mail us things on occasion as well. They are quite surprised that we have managed to never forget a child in our travels. We actually left all of our pillows due to some miscommunication between Seth and me. Yep, I am that girl who would forget her head if it wasn't attached.

Well, this is a pretty shabby post but I figured that I wouldn't get a chance to write anything until Monday........... and heaven forbid I go a whole week without blogging! I will be thinking of something interesting (at least to me) to tell everyone next week.

Check ya later!

No comments: