Sunday, March 30, 2008

EASTER BUNNY

After church last Sunday, everyone came to our house for Easter lunch and egg hunt. For the past three years, Jonathan and Beth have taken it upon themselves to put together a superb egg hunt for the grandkids. They are so sweet and thoughtful because they always spend a lot of time and money filling the eggs with candies, stickers, little toys, and Adam's favorite....tattoos!

Enough words, let's get to the pictures!

Mimi bought the girls all matching Easter dresses. They were so precious when they greeted on another that morning and admired them together! Thank you Mimi and I look forward to seeing Annabelle in this dress for the next 5 years!





While they hid eggs and the Easter Bunny got ready, I kept the kids busy with Annabelle's favorite songs. Lucie especially liked my version of "Bringing Home a Baby Bumblebee" because I like to sing about throwing up after you eat the squished bee. That version is so much more interesting.





Then we had a photo shoot in the porch. Annabelle was not liking the fact that I made her stay put. I learned later that she was also about ready for another nap . Oh well, it makes for a pretty interesting picture and I always think you should get some of your kids crying as well as smiling so you'll remember how they were not always happy and cheerful.



Here we are waiting for that Easter Bunny.



You may be wondering why my father dresses up as the Easter Bunny each year. I am not exactly sure where this tradition originated, but I think it started a few years back when Jonathan thought it would be a hilarious idea. I don't think he realised that Granddaddy would actually follow through and get himself a real costume and everything. The plan began as pure entertainment for the adults, but the kids loved it so much that he has done it ever since.



There was only one problem. Lucie was scared of him,

and Annabelle was TERRIFIED!






And let's face it, he was pretty creepy this year.
And last year too. They were in a hurry when painting his face, so Jonathan and Dad convinced Mimi to just paint the entire thing white.

Last year she did this:
Yeah, that is creepy too. But hilarious.

This year he looked more like some sort of Abdominal Snowman-creature thing.



Before the hunt, the Abdominal Snowman...I mean Easter Bunny, went over the Resurrection Easter story to make sure they were up on their theology.




Lucie stayed clear of him and carried on with the hunt, but I had to hold Annabelle the entire time. Eventually I realised that she was still pretty tired and put her down for a nap. I let Dad go and wake her up later though....just kidding.





Each kids had a special egg with their name on it to find.
Annabelle's had the cutest little duck inside that she sleeps with now.





"Chuck, I hope that one day Randy will let me dress up as the Easter Bunny!
I just love that costume."

"That's right Lanie, Jesus didn't hunt Easter Eggs on the third day."



So there you have it! We have decided that next year there will be no need for the Easter Bunny to paint his face. The big kids aren't fooled anymore and the babies are probably scarred for life now.

The day was fun and relaxing ...........and funny.

Oh yeah, that Saturday night, Caleb and Adam said something about what was the Easter Bunny bringing them in the morning?....something along those lines. I was bewildered by this because I surely hadn't said anything like that. I think they must have heard it from some other kids. ANYWAYS, I said, "look, we do not believe in the darn Easter Bunny you guys! (Santa is quite enough of that crap) Your Grandparents always get you Easter goodies. (Nana gets them little gifts for EVERY holiday)" They looked at one another and exclaimed, "OH YEAH, Granddaddy is the Easter Bunny!




I will leave you with this:



Can you believe how much she has changed in a year?!

They all have!




Happy Easter!











3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVED IT!! You are so good at this blogging thing! I am so jealous that you get it done!!! I just love you- so blessed to be your sister- you are amazing! See you tomorrow to kick my bootie in kick boxing!! WAHOO! Amie

Unknown said...

I'm laughing out loud right now. Very creepy, but very sweet too.

Becky Swann said...

I laughed too, I really liked this blog, your commentary makes me smile, you are very real, don't ever change that, I especially liked where you said you sent your dad in to wake her up later...very well played.
What a cool easter!