Tuesday, April 1, 2008

I'm pregnant


I have always wanted to get pregnant somewhere around the end of March so I could announce the news to everyone on April Fool's Day, and then no one would believe me. But then the next day I would tell them again that I am pregnant and it would really be true. Alas, I am not pregnant folks. (If I am Seth will be getting some paternity tests asap cause he is "fixed"....We would definitely go on Montel for that)





My neighbor kids really got into April Fools Day last year and played a few pranks on the boys. Emily came over and told them they were invited to come inside their house for a special prize. They were excited because they don't get to go in their house often, and they waited patiently until the designated time. When we got over there Em had left a note on the door saying to not ring her doorbell because her Dad was asleep. So we knocked and waited and waited. Then she came outside and said April Fools. Caleb and Adam were heartbroken. It occurred to me that April Fools is kinda cruel and not usually funny to anyone except the person playing the prank. Suddenly I felt bad for all of the times I called Seth or my Dad and told them I had a flat tire or that I was pregnant. or both. (I am not very original)

By the way, Happy Birthday Nana! She turns 107 this year!

April Fools!






By the way, we got Emily back last year. Adam ran over to her house and said that their cat, Sister, (yep, that is the cat's name) was in our basement and had a dead mouse in her mouth. She freaked out and came running over and then we poured pig's blood on her head.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, the pigs blood actually made me laugh out loud. I suppose I am the kind of sick and twisted person that is amused by that sort of humor. I am so glad that you are too! ~ Lorie

Anonymous said...

P.S. I love the Kate Rusby song.

Becky Swann said...

I agree with Lorie on both comments!
Julie I am getting such a kick out of you lately.
My sister and I always send those e-cards back and forth they are amazingly inappropriate and awesome

Tracy said...

Hey what is really funny is that my mom 4 years ago wanted to play a joke on my step dad and told him I was pregnant. I told her No because I just thought it was mean. Then it turned out the boys about 5 months later were conceived and I was due on April 1st. Joke was on me HU? ha ha

Unknown said...

Those cards are awesome,
pigs blood? where the heck did you get that?

The Sooz said...

I like those last two e-cards, they made me laugh.