Friday, March 14, 2008

Extreme Home Makeover


Finally, I can post about Seth's latest adventure. He was out of town this entire week and I needed to wait until he returned to blog about it all..........no need to tell the world that your big, strong husband will not be home at night. Guess where he was! He and Dana (whom he works with, they are kinda partners....work partners) went down to New Orleans for the week to help build one of those Extreme Makeover Houses .
I don't feel like explaining all of the specifics of how they ended up doing this, but basically they work with a company called EcoBuilders which was a big part of the project down there and recruited them to go. They left on Sunday morning, drove all day and went straight to the jobsite at 8:00 pm to begin their first shift. Seth said it was CRAZY! It was quite a sight to behold as about 1000 people were doing in 6 days, what the two of them do in six months. The job site was very hectic and it was hard for them to not be in charge and not have their own tools.
Nope he didn't meet meet Ty. He did see him around and he is shorter in person.... maybe 5'8" or 9". You can see the deltec house in the background of the picture. That was the only type of house that withstood Hurricane Katrina. We definitely made lots of jokes about the show and how Seth should constantly remind people that he just might vote them off at the tribal counsel that evening. I am sure they all thought it was hilarious. I did. The show will air on May 18th as the season finale. Surely they'll be lots of footage of Seth since he is smokin' hot.

Ok, Seth and I just got in an argument about whether I can put this on the blog. He doesn't like my tell-all fashion on the blog. Obviously I won, but I would like to give the disclaimer that Seth had nothing to do with it and he is not bragging about the job. I am just bragging about my man! With the way he and Dana work, I was afraid they would recruit him to be a permanent part of the crew and he'd be gone all of the time.

It all was really good timing for us because, as I said last post, Leslie came home this week to visit. I was able to hang out with her the entire week without feeling like I was neglecting Seth. I especially enjoyed working out with her. She came to my classes, we ran together a few times, and tried out some new ab exercises Paul has shown her. We make a great team! We also had a little sleepover at my house with Lorie and Kiah, ate a steak dinner one night at Moma's house and even ran out shopping for an hour one night. She gave me a sweet pocketbook as an early 30th birthday present (don't worry, there will be a long, suicidal post about that quickly-approaching day) . I love it and I am not all that into bags and such.


I miss her already!





When the neighbors gave the Rescue Ranger Hero set to the boys, they didn't realise the box doubled as two little beds. Caleb and Adam have taken to sleeping in these for the last couple of nights. Fine with me, as long as they sleep well. During the day we flip them over to make little houses for their dogs. If only Pete and Carol could know the joy they have brought to us for the past 2 weeks with their gift! I think we had better get those thank you notes written tomorrow.


7 comments:

Jill said...

Julie, Oh my gosh I love that show, I will definitely tune in to watch for your hubby, but which one is he? I always wondered how you could get on the work crew I think that would be so cool to do.

Julie said...

Seth is the one holding the tape measure without the beard.

The show airs on May 18th. I will keep you posted!

Becky Swann said...

Oh that is so cool that Seth and Dana did that, I will definitely watch it! You do have to remind us to watch though!
He's so kind to give up his own time while his own children have to sleep in boxes:) That is so cool that they are doing that.

Anonymous said...

I miss my workout buddy! It is always so much fun to come home to hang out. I have more to show you! Wow, the box idea. Was it yours?

Unknown said...

I will surely watch on May 18th, that is so noble of them.
Love that purse and so glad you and your sister got to be together, I always wished my sister would workout with me.
Love the new beds.

Di said...

What a great thing they did!!! My husband has some issues with my tell-all style as well. He can't understand the goofy pictures of myself I choose to post on my sidebar. He's afraid someone is going to want to cart me off to the loony bin because of my frank posts about my depression. And don't you DARE talk suicidally about your 30th birthday!!! Look in the mirror. Admire your lovely flawless skin and taut neck. I'm here at 45 to tell you that I miss those things!

Di said...

I am doing a thing called "Monday Meanderings" on my blog and I meandered to you! Come visit!