Thursday, March 27, 2008

I feel like my life has been in a sort of limbo for the past year or so due to the housing market decline. You probably already know that as a contractor, it is profitable to sell your personal house every two years. When we moved into this house I saw it as extremely temporary. I didn't care whether the style of the house fit my personality and I didn't stress over the layout or size or even attempt to settle in much...........because we would be out of it so soon. OK, we are almost to the 3 year mark now since it hasn't sold.

We bought a lot in Black Mountain 7 months ago but really want to wait to start building until our house sells. Seth works out there and I teach at Cheshire. Most of our friends live there. We each make the drive 5 or more times a week.

Limbo.

I am trying to be patient. I love our yard and neighborhood. We use the long rides to listen to "school" cds and it is really the only down time my boys get in a day so it is alright. AND, our house isn't that far from Asheville at all. 12-15 minutes to downtown. It is just far from Black Mountain.


I am ready to go.
to BM

2 comments:

Becky Swann said...

We are ready for you to come to BM too!

Anonymous said...

I am ready for you to come HOME!! To BM!!! LUV A