Saturday, August 9, 2008

Wow, with a little rest, my outlook on everything changes so dramatically! Thanks to everyone for the sweet, uplifting comments about my previous post. You are all so wonderful.
















So, back to the Harrison Household happenings. Right now the kids are running full speed up and down the hallway while pretending to be on dirt bikes. When they get to the bonus room they pull off amazing stunts and tricks for the imaginary onlookers. Annabelle is right there with them running as fast as her little legs will carry her. I am getting a kick out of listening to them. Adam did a flip off of his desk in the playroom earlier today and landed flat on his back on the floor. It didn't seem to phase him and I had to stop him from trying again. That kid has no fear.

These pictures are from earlier last week when we decided to take an adventure out in Bent Creek for the afternoon. My ten year old neighbor, Emily, came along with us and we all walked the bike trail out to the little swimming pond near the campgrounds there. It was pretty cool though we were all really worn out from it all. Can you believe how OLD Caleb looks in this picture?



Emily has been hanging out with us a lot lately which is truly a blessing for me since she is so helpful with the kids. She is a real sweetie and Annabelle loves her so much.
We are going to go into a depression when she has to go back to school at the end of the month.











I ran in the Sourwood 5K this morning and enjoyed running a race at my "home stadium". It was sweet to know all of the volunteers cheering us along the way. I also liked that the route backtracked so that we could hive five or wave at the other runners as we all passed. Cheshire worked the event out quite ingeniously in that they were lots of age categories for the winners (5 year increments for male and female runners 1st 2nd and 3rd places) and therefore LOTS of awards. I came in second in my division and went home with a lovely jar of Sourwood honey. Better than that, I beat my personal time from the other races by a little. Even better than that, while everyone waited for them to tally the results, someone suggested that I sing a song........and so I did. I sang a little a capella version of Sweet Dreams by Patsy Cline. Do you think I am so weird?

Sadly I have no pictures from the race though I might find a few at the gym later this week or online.















I added a pretty cute little video of the kids at the pool too so feel free to check it out.

9 comments:

Sunday Grant Photography said...

congrats on the race! i can't wait to hear you sing sometime. i would especially love to hear you sing a patsy cline song! way to go. it is amazing how some rest and words of encouragement can change out lives!

Jessie said...

bent creek looks like fun. i need to take the girls there sometime.
glad that you're feeling better about things. sometimes its easier to move on from it, once you've put it out there.

Adam and Annie said...

Sunday, you should hear her sing! It's amazing! Bent creek does look great. I'm inspired by your races, I think it's time I looked into actually doing a 5K...Give your family a big hug for us. We miss ya'll!

Becky Swann said...

I do think you are weird but in a good way, like I want to hang out with you more you are so weird way!
I can't believe Adam flipped onto his back like that! that is nutz Glad he is ok

Rick said...

so...what was your time for the race??
I need your e-mail address - the one I have must be old.
went running yesterday for the first time since our race. Two months off was nice…but yesterday was painful. There’s a race here coming up in about a month called ‘city to the surf’ – that starts in Perth and finishes at the ocean…about 12K. So I figured I’d better get my butt in shape.
Wanna come run it?? Just pack up the kids – tell Seth to take couple weeks off work – and y’all head out here. The plane tickets shouldn’t cost more than about 10 grand.

Unknown said...

IT sounds like a movie scene, the small town, the running, someone suggesting a little diddy, it's all so sureal. So, not strange, just a little pleasantvillish?
No,no, you are awesome.
I wish I had been in town to run that race, I love it. That's awesome that you were second, you go girl.
So glad you are rested.

Anonymous said...

You didn't mention that you only came in second by one second! I'll brag for you. I'm a big fan. Remember when you thought you couldn't run long distances? I am impressed!

Aunt Lorie

Anonymous said...

Hey I was wondering would you ever Mind if I tag along to go to the bent creek? Call me and we can talk,
Thanks
Gentry

Anonymous said...

hey can the boys play
Gentry and Emily