Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Seth took the boys down to Bear Creek (La Grange, GA) for a weekend of fishing, biking, fourwheeling, and scouting for the upcoming hunting season. They had a wonderful time with Papa and Uncle Heath. Seth says that Adam has a real talent for fishing. He is not just patient but has that little unexplainable something that makes him quite the little fisherman. He loves it. This is one of the many fish he caught:







That left Annabelle and me home for a little girls weekend. I, of course, had grand plans for all that I would get accomplished, but in the end realised that Annabelle is the one who deters me the most from my daily tasks. I did do quite a bit of housework and paperwork done so I settled for that. On Friday, Lorie did my hair so I could check that off my list of things to do as well. Then Saturday I spent mainly organising all of the homeschool stuff for the upcoming school year. We started yesterday with our handwriting, reading, and math. It went well and I am actually pretty excited about the year. I like how as the boys get older, they are so much easier to teach.......like something connects in their brains so that they just understand concepts.


It is good to get a little time away from those guys once in a while so we can really miss them and enjoy them more when they come home.

On Sunday, Annabelle and I went to Mimi's birthday party:


























Oh yeah, Kiah and I made Mimi's birthday cake together Saturday and then she spent the afternoon planning a fashion show with my 10 year old neighbors, Emily and Gentry.


You know, maybe I got more done than I had originally thought.......









These are a few pictures of Annabelle's favorite activity lately...."playing beans" Basically she just plays in the backyard filling plates and buckets with gravel and serving them to the boys or me as "beans". It is pretty darn cute. The other picture is Caleb and his homemade spear. he loves to attach pointy rocks on the end of sticks to make some sort of weapon.










10 comments:

Becky Swann said...

Glad you had a weekend just the girls! I never get tired of pictures of your kids! Oh and I like your hair!
Happy birthday Mimi! I can call her that right? :)

Sunday Grant Photography said...

Well your mom, julie, introduced herself to me the other day as Mimi, so it sounds like you are good to go Becky! Great pictures Julie.

KatieKate said...

Look at that fish!!! Way to go!

Jessie said...

how cool to see your kids talents developing. i can't wait for that. i'm sure that makes you so proud.

The Sooz said...

Caleb looks so old now days.

Unknown said...

So great to hear those boys are having such great times with Dad, can't wait for that with Will.
You got a ton done, are you kidding. Not actually sure how you get so much done.

Adam and Annie said...

I think all boys named Adam are made to fish! =) Sounds like a great weekend. Can't believe school is starting again! What a fast summer...

Emily said...

That fih is huge. I can not beleive he cought that thing!!!!!
I could never cecth something that bi! I guess it is called luck!
love Emily

Emily said...

hey sorry in that last comment i was in a rush and i spelt some thing wrong
Emily

Emily said...
This comment has been removed by the author.