Thursday, August 7, 2008

I am totally overwhelmed by life right now.


So I thought I would blog.


I just really go through times in the week when I feel way in over my head.


selling our house
homeschooling the boys
dealing with the onset of "terrible twos" with Annabelle
bookkeeping for Harrison Homes
designing the next house plans
teaching classes
keeping this enormous house clean.....in SHOWING condition no less!
cooking decent meals


I will get over this. In the meantime, I will just take it one step at a time. right?

I learned a very valuable lesson this week.
Never drive down the DO NOT ENTER/ One Way streets in Montreat......especially if your license has been expired for 3 months.


Yep, I got pulled over on Monday but got off with just a warning ticket which I considered very fortunate. The next day I bit the bullet and went down to the DMV to get a new license. It wasn't all that bad though because it only took about an hour. Sure, I would have loved to have been the gal sitting in there waiting and merely reading a magazine rather than the one with three fidgeting kids to entertain, but we made it happen and I should be good for the next eight years now. (or until my license gets lost in the unorganised mess of a life I live)

I will make it a point to post again as soon as I feel cheerful.



6 comments:

Becky Swann said...

something nice

See I told you I'd say that...

Rick said...

Hang in there sweetie. With your mama's genes and the God of the universe in your corner...you've got no worries.
Rest in His peace...
...and He will bring you joy, joy, joy, joy.

Unknown said...

Your honest words are refreshing to hear, more than you know.
He is Faithful to meet our every need.
the problem is we don't really know our real needs, only He does.
I think you are pretty awesome for loving your family the way you do.

Adam and Annie said...

I echo Annie S. It's easy to write about all the wonderful things going on, but life isn't always that way. It is refreshing to hear honest words of frustration and overwhelming feelings. We are all there at some point. Thank goodness God has it, otherwise we'd be in trouuuble! Looking at your list, I'd say your following the Proverbs 31 woman beautifully. You are an amazing wife, mother, and woman. These are all seasons, keep pushin' girl...

Jessie said...

i was just telling kelly the other day that i think a homeschooling mom is the most selfless mother i can think of these days when i'm so frustrated with the lack of personal space or overwhelmed with the chaos and disobedience or bored from reading the same book or talking about the same thing. b/c when i'm having a rough day with the girls, i daydream about how one day they will be in school. isn't that sick? i know i will eat those words one day.
so i put you moms on the biggest pedestal there is.

Sunday Grant Photography said...

wow! i pretty much echo what everyone just said! good for you for being so honest. when i am in a crappy mood i just don't blog, but you did and it is so refreshing. you get to design the new homes? how cool is that!!!