Saturday, January 3, 2009

Heck yeah, it is January!

I am being serious. I love this month because I am always ready for the holidays to be over and life to be back to normal. (I do love Christmas while it is here though.) The Christmas tree has been burned in our annual blaze (That is probably not the "green" thing to do, but the boys love to burn things and it makes them excited about taking down the decorations) and the house is plain and under-decorated once again which is a good change. Another reason I like this particular January is because I feel so darn good now after experiencing my worst December ever with the sickness and all. Then, of course, I usually have something extremely cool to wear from my Christmas gifts so that helps as well. But mostly, January is a good month because everyone goes back to the gym and my classes are packed. I know, I am a weirdo. I have embraced that at this point. So happy January everyone!

Oh my, I didn't even think about how much I love New Year Resolutions. I like to make a looooong list in hopes that I may achieve at least a few. I am going to write them out and then publish this before going back to read last year's list from the blog. I am pretty sure there may be a few duplicates since I still struggle withe same stuff, but I want to compare.

JULIE'S 2009 RESOLUTIONS: (in no particular order)
1. Run a half Marathon.
2. Make the children help more around the house.
3. Get up earlier....go to bed earlier.
4. Feed my family healthier and make dinner more often.
5. Never play that pathwords game on facebook again. It is addictive and I see it playing in my head all day.... just like I used to see Tetris when I got addicted to my brother's game boy in high school.
6. Learn four more picking patterns on the guitar.
7. SELL THIS DARN HOUSE, and move to Black Mountain!!!!
8. Do not spoil Annabelle.
9. Be able to do 25 push-ups on my toes.....something I could do at the end of November.
10. Stay on top of the paperwork for Harrison Homes and be more helpful to Seth in that area.




This link will take you to last year's post if you feel led to compare:
Last Year's Resolutions



Alright, since this post was just all about me, I will go ahead and leave you with a few pictures from New Years Eve:
Fun night, fun night.






10 comments:

Niki said...

I have been wondering what that pathwords thing is. I am going to have to check that out because if it's anything like tetris (which I sometimes see in my head), it will afford me hours of entertainment.
Talk about weirdos.

I really have no new years resolutions except to have a baby. And I plan to keep that one. Maybe I will also resolve to try your Water Aerobics class. Are you teaching it this Monday?

Adam and Annie said...

Your resolutions put us all to shame! You are an amazing woman, Julie. You inspire me to do more.

Julie said...

Niki-don't do it. It will suck you in.

Annie- Oh I won't achieve half of them, I just try to aim high.

Sunday Grant Photography said...

love the resolutions (especially some of the same ones from last year). your 9:30 class was packed! it thought that there was now way i was going to get a spot for my class. thank goodness i did. you were doing 25 pushups in november! that is awesome. i was so impressed with how you jumped right into the gym after being that sick. it would take me years. love your new years eve pictures, you are so cool. oh and i have to say i love wearing my Christmas clothes too, as i am sure most people do, but i don't think that i have taken them off yet! i am heading to atlanta tomorrow or monday so i won't be at the tuesday body sculpting but will be there the following week.

Jill said...

good luck w/ your list. I had once hoped to compete in a 5K race, but now I can't hold my bladder when I run, and I'm too young to buy depends. So I have put that on the back burner!

Becky Swann said...

Love the New years pic's, where were you? I like #'s 6 and 7 because they somewhat have to do with me! It would be great to see you again soon! Your blog always makes me smile

Becky Swann said...

oh I finally put up christmas pictures

KatieKate said...

Oh, Julie... I LOVE those New Year's photos of you guys! SO fantastic!

When you run your half-marathon, we'll make you a sign and cheer from our driveway. Let us know.

Jill said...

I tagged your for a meme, I know you are a pretty busy person, I was just trying to play nice with others! Check out my blog from 1.5.09

Jessie said...

i would love to hear more on your thoughts about kids picking up around the house. cause robbie and i need some help around here. but i don't know how much i can expect out of them. and i'm bad to avoid requests that will prompt whining. i'd rather clean up myself than hear it. but i've got to get over that.
do your kids have chores? can you do a post about what you have your kids do and at what ages you had them doing what?
new years eve was a blizast. can ya'll do that again next year?