Monday, February 16, 2009

Caleb is friendly.

That is putting it mildly. I mean, I am almost baffled at how much he loves to be with others. If you speak to that kid and by chance he doesn't respond, he is either not listening (most probable) or just being a jerk (Okay, equally as probable) But, most likely, he will speak to you first because he just loves people. The house next door just sold recently and Caleb was determined to 1. help the non-kid loving, unfriendly neighbors move out and then 2. meet the new neighbors and learn all about them. You should have seen how excited he was to see them out playing int he yard when we got home yesterday evening. Adam seems to follow right along with him too although I am sure he wouldn't be quite as outgoing without Caleb around. This used to be almost annoying to me as we just had to talk and meet everyone we saw at the park or beach or wherever we were hanging out. Now, I am getting used to it and have come to except and know that it is a good thing.

Annabelle, on the other hand, is not necessarily "painfully shy" as some are, but is nothing like her brothers. She is more like me and gets kinda nervo0us talking to people. Having a kid like her makes me more thankful that the boys are so naturally drawn to others. I want her to feel comfortable talking to people (of all ages....not just her own.)

On to something else.....Lorie, Justin and Kiah came into town and stayed with us for the weekend. We had a great time hanging out with them and celebrating Kiah's birthday. It never ceases to amaze me to watch my children with their cousins. They love each other (same for the Harrison side as well) more than you can imagine! It was so cute to listen to them play "dogs" with Kiah on Saturday afternoon.......although the mess they made wasn't so cute. The birthday party was a major hit with everyone since it was at Fun Depot. I have never seen that place so crowded, but it was still tons of fun. Here are a few pictures from Beth:
(I will add more as I collect them from mom and Justin)




the bumper cars were a huge favorite because the kids could actually drive them. It was hilarious to watch Aunt Amie go at it.....she has such a natural talent for driving and maneuvering things like that. Lorie and me on the other hand...... :) We have other talents like climbing walls :)




That night we went to Mimi's house to roast hot dogs over the fireplace for dinner. The kids ran around wild for a while and then we all sat around and told stories by the fire. We even heard a few from Mom and Dad that I hadn't known about. very cool time indeed.



I meant to mention this in a previous post but it keeps slipping my mind. I wanted to give props to my "in-law and in-law to-bes" (fingers crossed on the latter) on their Christmas gifts. I went to a after-Christmas party a couple of weeks ago where we all brought the gifts we weren't so crazy about to "regift" in that nasty-santa/white elephant game. I realised that I truly loved everything I got this Christmas and had nothing to regift. Seriously, I got the best gifts ever this year. Beth, Jonathan's girlfriend gave me an awesome burgundy fleece pullover that I have worn at least every other day. (she buys us all gifts even though she is not supposed to)Seth's sister, Angie gave me a killer scarf that I wear everywhere these days and just happens to coordinate with the fleece. Then to top it all off, Justin drew my name in the sibling swap and made me the coolest iron dinner bell in the entire world. It sure will beat yelling at the top of my lungs for the boys to come home from the neighbors. I can't wait to put it up on our little timber framed porch in our next house as well. The picture just can't do it justice....it is much cooler. and it is handmade.....which is the best ever.

4 comments:

Sunday Grant Photography said...

julie your family just sounds amazing. i love how much you all love each other. it makes me want to give BellaRose the gift of siblings! LOVE that dinner "bell". How awesome is that?!!!! I would love to have something like that as well. So when are you moving here?

Anonymous said...

We had a great time this weekend. Thanks for letting us stay with you! I am so glad that you own up to your driving deficiencies with me! Sunday, I know just where you can get one of those dinner bells!;)

Aunt Lorie

Jessie said...

julie, i'm so very jealous of your family. i wish that i could be in it. roasting hot dogs and telling stories around a fire sounds like a perfect night to me. it is so much fun to watch kids interact with eachother and develop relationships. your caleb sounds like the exact opposite of my olive. that is funny that you have had to speak to every stranger in your path when he's around. kids really do have a way of changing us, and usually for the better. : )

Adam and Annie said...

My mom had a bell that she used to ring at dinner time. I still can hear that sound ringing through the neighborhood and her voice "Kiiiiiids, dinner time!" We'd all four come running from different directions. It's a great thing to have!