Friday, February 20, 2009

I just finished up stuffing the boys clean laundry into their drawers. My philosophy for the boys' clothes is, "they are BOYS, they don't have to match or have any variation in their wardrobe....just as long as the clothes are relatively clean." Also, I refuse to have more than one dresser in their room, so when the laundry is almost caught up, the drawers are bulging. Which reminds me how much I am over winter and ready for spring. Just the clothing situation alone makes for an easier life in the warm months. I can't wait until all we need are shorts, t-shirts and a pair of flip flops (or no shoes at all) How much simpler it is! Ahh, warm weather when we can be outside and aren't constantly catching colds...... One more month to go!

Yesterday we went to a funeral for Sue, a dear friend that my family used to be very, very close with when I was little. They moved away but have always held a very special place in our hearts. The funeral was precious and a considerable reminder of the fact that we (as well as our loved ones) are not guaranteed another moment on this earth. I wish I lived life with more of that perspective. Caleb came along to the funeral and was so very good. (It was long so I was quite thankful for Trinity's looooong services my boys have grown accustomed to sitting through)

We are looking forward to this evening because Nana and Papa are coming to see us. I am sure I will have lots of pictures and stories to post for you about all of that!

BRING ON SUMMER!



The purple background is for Annabelle who lets us know constantly that purple is her FAVORITE color.

Oh yeah, and if you will be at Trinity this Sunday, make sure to bring your percussion instruments. Kathy and I are introducing a new praise song that rocks! I am sure everyone will be dancing to the Lord...... he he he.... ;)

5 comments:

Jill said...

Love your summer pictures. I'm so envious that you all will be turning the corner to summer in only 1 more month. I remember when we lived in NC and we celebraded Hayden's 1st Birthday, (March 18th) the trees were just starting to get that green glow that they get right before the leaves burst out. We even had his party outside. The last 2 years his birthday has been celebrated inside while it ragged snow outside. (big sigh) Anyway See you next Saturday!

Courtney said...

Oh your summer fun photos make we want summer even more!! And flip flops.. girl I wear them in the winter too!! (most people find me crazy for doing it.. but I just LOVE flipflops!!)

Becky Swann said...

I was just having that same thought about summer clothes today, I can't wait to just put Ellen is sun dresses! Sorry to hear about your friend passing, it is good reminders about life being short

Niki said...

I am SO ready for spring and summer. Those pictures make me wish it was already here. I can't believe I missed your last 2 posts. I love all the family pictures. That looks like such a fun birthday weekend for Kiah. And I love how much your kids all get along and love playing together. So cool.

Jessie said...

sooooooooooooooo with you on the summer thing. i feel like warm weather cuts my frustrations w/ motherhood in half. i can't make it anywhere on time b/c of all the things we have to put on just to get to the car and then just to take off again when we're in the van so that they can fit in their car seats. winter is hard with a young family..i've decided.