Tuesday, February 24, 2009




Last week I told Annabelle that Nana and Papa were coming up to visit us for the weekend and she said, "Nana bring me prize!" She was quite right. Nana does something special for every holiday throughout the year so this time she brought Valentine gifts and candies. They arrived Friday afternoon and immediately took the kids off my hands and began their weekend of spoiling them. (in a good way) First stop: Toys R Us: Legos for the boys ...... new shoes, purse and baby doll for Annabelle.
I got to have the entire evening to myself so after teaching class at the gym, I went and hung out with friends at Amie's Southern Living at Home party. It really was a treat.
Saturday, Nana and I took the kids to Walmart and Target for MORE legos and new clothes. Annabelle got some Tinkerbell pjs and the boys got a few pairs of those mesh basketball type pants......which they haven't taken off yet. They let me wash them while they bathed yesterday and then put them right back on immediately after. Yep, they definitely love them....nothing better than a pair of comfy pants for Caleb and Adam!
It was a good weekend.....thanks Nana and Papa!




Annabelle uses the phrase, "How 'bout.....(insert whatever she wants)?" all of the time lately. Yesterday in class I noticed myself saying it as well and wondered whether she got it from me or visa versa. Anyhow, my point is that it is really cute and I wish I could post a video for you to see. (still need to figure out the camera situation) For example, as I was dressing her I said, "How 'bout you try wearing panties today?" to which she replies with a big smile and eyebrows raised, "How 'bout a dipah!?" Oh yeah, potty training is not going well.....or at all right now.



Yesterday we tried a new tactic for schooling that really worked well. One of the boys were in charge of playng with Annabelle while I worked one on one with the other and then we switched. I am always trying to figure how we can get some of it done before she goes down for a nap and that worked pretty well. Of course Annabelle loved the special attention from her brothers because she spends most of her time locked out of the rooms they are playing in. (legos and Annabelle do not mix) I will keep you updated on how this all works in the days to come.

I need to wrap this up now and retrieve the boys from their "rest time/time out/time a part". Whatever you may call it.

9 comments:

Becky Swann said...

How Bout that Annabelle! And How bout those grandparents! Way to go! It's so wonderful that your children have grandparents that love them, and love to spoil them!

Becky Swann said...

Yeah we just signed eachothers blogs first, and at the exact same time! must be our looks:)

Unknown said...

what great grandparents.
you gotta love those common statements.
o potty training, it's happening and not happening over here too.

Anonymous said...

How 'bout that! I love it.
I feel like my whole day happens
when Ry goes down for nap. It's the only time I can halfway promise to call someone, write out bills, sew... whatever. Can I borrow your boys for awhile?

Courtney said...

Becky totally stole my line..that is what I was gonna say.. oh well..

It sounds like Annabelle is really cute when she says How bout! She probably did get it from you.. it amazes me how much kids pick up on what we do and say!!

The new homeschooling routine sounds like it might work well.. and I man.. can I have their grandparents!! How sweet is that!!

Jill said...

How about....that is to funny, Cameron's thing is "I have a good Idea__________"

We made pee on the pot today, after making him sit for 45 minutes on the thing. Wish us luck.

Jill said...

That should read HE not WE

Anonymous said...

Hooray for little parrots! It's about time you had one of those!
Aunt Lorie

Becca said...

Julie, stumbled on your post. I'm a huge J&R fan, was planning on going to Asheville on Sat, but couldn't make it. Do you have any pictures you'd like to share of them? I'm a part of the Official Joey&Rory Myspace Fan Page, c'mon over and check it out if you're not already a member. We have an exclusive Fan Wanna Know interview with them, not to mention tons of tour dates, photos, etc.
www.myspace.com/joeyroryfanpage

Becca