Thursday, April 30, 2009

Last Monday, Leslie and Paul treated us to a day up at Chimney Rock park. It was beautiful weather and a very fun day. Here are the pictures:


If there is a tree, the boys will be up and in it in no time!
























It has been too long since I got to hike. It was much easier than I thought it would be with the three kids. Well, Annabelle was the only one I worried about, but she walked the whole trail to the waterfalls and back which was over 2 miles. Let me go back....she actually RAN the whole trail and set the pace for the rest of us.









I carried her in the backpack up some of the stairs to the chimney part and then switched off with Paul. She freaked out a little but he did so well making her comfortable with him.




Paul was a ton of help and fun that day. He spent the day teaching the boys everything and anything that related to our adventure.

He and the boys ran the trail back pretending they were on dirt bikes and jumping the rocks. Caleb and Adam thought it was the greatest thing ever!







The kids were impressed with the huge flag at the top. Isn't this a neat picture?



















They have closed off the skyline trail that we used to take to the top of the falls so we were a little bummed about that. We had ice cream at the little shop up there instead.



It was so good to be up in my beautiful mountains. I get this overwhelming feeling in my chest at times like that and Leslie is just the person I want to share it with. We only could have been happier if we were wearing old timey sundresses and singing and playing music together up there. We love to believe that we were born in the wrong time period anyway.






















That night we rented The Last of the Mohicans. (it was filmed up there) The boys were captivated and Paul helped explain the happenings and history behind the story. He knows a lot about history. a lot.




I just love the music and mountains in the movie.


Let me see.....I think it was Thursday night that we had "girls night" at Mom's house. There was lots of laughing and Dad had to tell us to keep it down for the neighbor's sake more than a few times.


We all BEGGED Jonathan to hang out with us too. He finally gave in and made the night!


Did I tell you that Mom and Dad got a sweet, huge hot tub for their outdoor living space?

2 comments:

Adam and Annie said...

What a great day! You guys are so cute. Go Annabelle trecking back and forth from the waterfall! I love that you all did a girls night too. Sisters and moms are the best.

Jill said...

Oh I miss NC so bad! I love Chimney Rock and Lake Lure! I love all the little shops down in town. Guess what we finally have leaves coming on the trees (yes it's May 1st and we are just now, well in the last week, getting leaves on the trees. Did I mention that I miss NC!