Monday, April 13, 2009




We finally made it down to Georgia to visit with the Harrison side of our family this past weekend. Uncle Johnny and Seth spent the weekend building a little garage type building for Prather Electric to use as their shop, the kids played tirelessly with their cousins and I just hung around the house and talked "homeschool" with one of my greatest mentors, Aunt Angie, for a few days.















Walker, who is going to be 12 next month, grew about 6 inches since Christmas and his voice changed! In the words of Annabelle (parroting me earlier). "Walkah talks like a MAN!"







We had a birthday party for Amy who turned EIGHT on Thursday. Another very cool family came over and hung out with us. Annabelle and their 2 year old son hit it off and were just about the cutest thing ever to watch. It was making Seth a nervous wreck! Their mom home schools and I loved hearing about her up-and-coming business endeavors she has created. One of the things she does is runs a travel agency that caters to homeschooling families making trips that incorporate educational stuff along the way. Her company takes advantage of off times and discounts for them to make an affordable trip. This summer they are doing "home school cruise" where there are all sorts of activities on the boat itself and the stops include things like the Mayan Ruins and such. How neat is that? Too bad it isn't quite in our "range" of affordable...... maybe we could work in the kitchen as our fair.

Oh well, we are going to do it someday. That is the goal.

































We had a big ol' ragamuffin Easter Egg Hunt on Saturday afternoon. Annabelle just had to wear that headband all day Saturday. She and Aaron did really well finding the eggs.

Nana made Easter baskets for the kids full of all kinds of good stuff!




We went to church on Sunday morning and saw the rest of our family and friends. Then we loaded up three worn out kids and way to much Easter candy and made the drive home. Thankfully no one threw up (though they threatened to a few times) and they all slept a little along the way.

Have I mentioned lately how much I adore our minivan?



















But, guess what......Easter is far from over. We still have the Bartlett side to go. We wanted to wait until Aunt Leslie and Paul arrive on THURSDAY!!!!

So stay tuned for lots of funny (a little strange) and entertaining pictures of the Easter bunny (aka "Gran-granny").

Now, I gotta get this house cleaned up and get Adam out of bed!




8 comments:

Becky Swann said...

What a fun weekend! And your Easter is still going! that is great that your kids have cousins on both sides to celebrate with!

Sunday Grant Photography said...

that is such an awesome family picture of you guys. What a gorgeous family! Sounds like a blast!

Anonymous said...

I loved the photos- excited to see photos of Gran granny!!!

Love A

Jill said...

oh my gosh. I'm so insanly jeoulus of your short sleeves on sunday morning. it was 23 and sunny on our way to church that morning. froze my toes in my open toed shoes. You are so good at taking pictures. I used to be really good but I have dropped off the radar lately w/ that.

Jill said...

dude, excuse my spelling. I never passed vocab in 11th grade (i did but I cheated) ssshhh don't tell on me please its not one of my finer moments in life

Courtney said...

Man, that sounds like fun.. and all these Easter egg hunts and candy makes me wish I was one of your kids! yummy!! And the homeschooling educational cruise sounds like a lot of fun!! That would be my kind of vacation.. as long as I could get some tanning on too!!

Julie said...

Yeah, I would hope the kids could do the activities on the boat and I could lay by the pool or something!

Niki said...

That does look like a fun weekend! How great that all your kids are old enough to be entertained by their cousins while you get to hang out and enjoy family.

I can't believe someone came up with homeschool cruises! That would be worth saving up for.

Annabelle's headband is so cute. Very good easter egg hunt get-up.